Boat Rentals & Hires
Excursions by sea
Do you really want to enjoy the blue sea of Capri?
The best option is to book a private boat to sail around the island!
With its discreet charm the "Fratelli Aprea 7.80 open cruise" is the model that more than others represents the tradition and the classic line of Gozzo Sorrentino.
Excursions by sea
The full day group tour includes a complete tour around the island in all the grottos, swimming and sun bathing, and around 3 hour of free time to explore the island by foot.
Each boat holds up to 12 people.
Excursions by sea
Enjoy the sea of Capri and surrounding area with the elegant luxury of an italian open motorboat.
The "Itama 38" (12 mt) used for the service, have private cabin, mini-bar, wc, sunbathing area with cushions and comfortable sofas where you can admire the panorama.
All you need for your relaxing day.
- Where can I rent a boat on Capri, Italy?
- Most boat rental and charter companies are in Marina Grande, where Capri's port and marina are located. Here you can rent rubber dinghies and other boats without a skipper. There is only one boat rental company based in Marina Piccola on the southern coast of the island.
- What type of boat can I rent on Capri?
- Depending upon your budget and the number of passengers in your party, you can choose from a variety of different types of boats to rent, including a rubber dingy, a gozzo, a lancia, a speedboat, and a yacht. For a private boat tour around the island of Capri, most companies suggest renting a gozzo or lancia, both of which are traditional boats from Capri. Speedboats and yachts are used for transfers or tours of the Amalfi Coast and the Bay of Naples. Here you can read more information about renting a boat on Capri.
- How much does it cost to rent a boat with a skipper?
- The classic boat tour around the island takes about 2 hours and costs around EUR 150. During the high season months of July and August, prices are often higher; during the remaining months, there are often discounts and special rates.
- How many hours should I rent a boat for?
- You can circumnavigate the island of Capri in an hour if you never stop, but most boat rentals and charters offer 2 hour, 4 hour, and all day rentals.
A two hour rental is perfect for those on a day trip to the island and who want to explore a bit by land, as well. A full-day rental is ideal for those who want to stop for lunch at a waterfront restaurant or for a swim or two during the trip, but may be tiring for those who are not used to spending an entire day at sea. We suggest opting for a 4 hour rental, which is enough time to see the island at a leisurely pace, explore the sea caves, and stop for a swim.
- Do I have to have a boating license to rent a boat on Capri without a skipper?
- Some small boats and dinghies can be rented even without a boating license. That said, we recommend renting a boat without a skipper only to those who have some experience navigating a boat at sea.
- What can we see in one day at sea if we depart from Capri?
- A full-day tour departing from Capri can include a number of destinations in the Bay of Naples. Many boat rental companies suggest Nerano, Positano, and Amalfi, but Sorrento and Ischia are also easily reached by boat.
- How can I visit the Blue Grotto from a private rental boat?
- The Blue Grotto is managed like a museum, so tickets to enter must be purchased separately and are not included in the cost of your boat rental. When you arrive at the Grotto, you can purchase your ticket from the floating ticket office near the entrance to the cave.
The Grotto is open to the public only when the seas are calm and boats can pass through the low mouth safely. On this page, you can find information about whether the Grotto is open or closed which is updated in real time.
If you rent a boat without a skipper, you can anchor to one of the buoys near the entrance to the Blue Grotto and wait for a skipper to come pick you up in the rowboats used to transport visitors inside the cave.
- Is there a less expensive alternative to renting a private boat on Capri?
- Yes, you can join an organized group tour which takes passengers on a trip around the island with a stop at the Blue Grotto. These tours cost around EUR 18 per person, last 2 hours, and depart from Marina Grande. The two boat tour companies offering group tours on Capri are Laser and Motoscafisti.