Find a hotel
Online reservations are managed directly by the hotels
The lowest rates, no intermediary costs.
Why should I book my hotel with Capri.com?
- Get the lowest rates
- Book direct with the hotel
- Receive an instant confirmation
- Pay direct in the hotel
- No hidden costs or commissions
- Easy cancellation
Want to claim freebies and discounts for your holiday on Capri? Download the coupons!
Motoscafisti di Capri Transport and Rental
Climb aboard: destination Capri!
Buy two island tour tickets and get 12% (2 euro) discount each person
Laser Capri Excursions by sea
Take the tour around the island with us!
Donna Rachele Restaurants
Eat, drink and be merry!
First time to Capri? Here's some basic information to get you started!
Island of Capri
- 10km squared: The total area of the island
- 2 towns: Capri (7292 inhabitants) Anacapri (6733 inhabitants)
The number of people who visit
Capri each year
The number of people who
spend at least one night
on the island
The number of people who arrive
daily on the island in August
Distance between the main airports and Capri
- 45 km from Naples
- 292 km from Rome Fiumicino
You'll need at least 4 hours from the time you land.
- How long does it take to get to Capri?
- 25 minutes From the port of Sorrento
- 50 minutes From the port of Naples
- 40 minutes From the port of Positano (boats sail direct in summer only)
Average monthly temperatures
- Jan 12°
- Feb 13°
- Mar 15°
- Apr 17°
- May 22°
- Jun 25°
- Jul 28°
- Aug 28°
- Sep 25°
- Oct 22°
- Nov 16°
- Dec 14°
- Lunch: from 12.30 to 15.00
- Dinner: from 19.30 to 23.00
- From Easter to early November: non-stop from 10.00 to 20.30
- From early November to Easter: 10.00 - 13.00 /16.00 -19.30
In summer, a number of shops stay open until late in the evening.
- Capilupi Hospital: Via Provinciale Anacapri, 80073 Capri, Tel. 081 838 1111
- Number for emergency service: 118
- First Aid - night time and holidays: Piazza Umberto I, 9 Capri Tel. 081 8375716 - 081 8381238
What's the best time of year to visit Capri?
Average sea temperatures
- January 14°
- February 13°
- March 14°
- April 15°
- May 18°
- June 21°
- July 24°
- August 25°
- September 23°
- October 21°
- November 18°
- December 16°
- Wi-Fi connectivity is available in most hotels, often for free. Public networks are still scarce.
Things to put in your case
- Sun cream
- Comfortable, flat sandals
- Something elegant (but not too much...)
- Swimming costume
- Insect repellent
Capri: Tourist Information offices
- CAPRI Piazza Umberto I Tel. +39 081 8370686
- MARINA GRANDE Banchina del Porto Tel.+39 081 8370634
- ANACAPRI Via G. Orlandi, 59 Tel. +39 081 8371524
How much will it cost?
- 1,8€ Bus/funicular ticket
- 3€ Ice cream
- 4€ Coffee served at a table in the Piazzetta
- 10€ Chairlift to Monte Solaro
- 13€ Entry to the Grotta Azzurra
- 14€ Pizza and beer served at the table
- 15€ Pre-dinner drink in the Piazzetta
- 16€ Boat tour around the island
- 17€ Hydrofoil ticket from Naples
- 30€ Sun lounger and umbrella
- 35€ Entry to a night club and a drink
- 100€ Dinner for two at a restaurant
Prices are indicative
and can vary significantly depending on the area