Set off from Sorrento to take in the ancient remains of Pompeii and explore the vulcanic crater that destroyed the Roman city in the year 79 AD. Admire two of southern Italy's top sights in one day with a comfortable minivan and English-speaking guide.
Departure from: Sorrento
Duration 8 hours
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- Hotel or meeting point pickup from Sorrento
- Transfer to Pompeii for a 2-hour guided tour of the top sights in this ancient city
- Free time for lunch
- Transfer to Mount Vesuvius (30 minutes)
- Free time to climb the trail to the crater at the peak where Alpine guides are located for an optional guided walk
- Pompeii tickets: €16/per person
- Mt. Vesuvius National Park tickets: €10/per person
This tour is not recommended for a wheelchair users or those with limited mobility due to the rough terrain at both sites.
Children under two are free (we recommend a baby carrier as it is difficult to navigate these sites with a stroller or buggy).
Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a hat.
Provided by: Goldentours (Sorrento )
Travel agency based in Sorrento
"We had a pleasant tiur and the guide was entertaining and knowledgeable. This made our day. Thanks Pasquale!"
"Professional guide and fun. Very pleased with everything!"
"We had a fascinating tour of Pompeii and Herculaneum. We would most definitely recommend visiting these sites but doing both in one day in the middle of July is very tiring!"