Why book a private transfer to Capri?
- If you are arriving from Rome, you will have to change at least 4 different types of transportation to get to Capri
- The ports in Naples and Capri are always very crowded and chaotic, so it can be difficult to get around with luggage
- You don't have to worry about the hassle of ferry schedules, purchasing tickets, finding the pier, loading your luggage, and then finding your hotel on the island, so your vacation begins hassle-free.
See the chart with ferry routes
- How long does it take to get to Capri from Naples?
- By high-speed ferry: 50 minutes
By speedboat: 40 minutes
By helicopter: 20 minutes
- If my hotel is located in a pedestrian area, how can I arrange a transfer?
- Where possible, transfers are provided by taxi. However, many hotels in the center of Capri and Anacapri are in pedestrian areas, so the final let must be completed on foot. Your luggage will be transported directly to your hotel.
Transfers by Sea
- Can I book a transfer just to the port?
- Yes, you can choose to book a transfer to take you to the nearest port and then you can take a public ferry.
- What time does the last ferry to Capri depart?
- From June to September the final ferry from Naples to Capri departs at 9:00pm. The remaining months of the year, the last ferry departs at 7:00pm. If you are arriving in late evening, you will have to book a private transfer by speedboat, or spend the night on the mainland.
- My flight lands in the late afternoon. How can I be sure to catch the last ferry?
- Generally, you need to allow for at least an hour between your flight arrival time at the Naples airport and the ferry departure time for Capri; in normal traffic conditions, the drive between the Naples airport and Molo Beverello is 30 minutes. From the Rome airport to Naples, allow for at least 3 hours by car. Remember that the baggage reclaim at Fiumicino is notoriously slow.
- What happens in case of rough seas?
- If seas are so rough that boat crossings are suspended, our partners will advise you as soon as possible and help you find accommodations on the mainland; your transfer will be moved to the next day. It is extremely rare that crossings are suspended between April and October, as the sea conditions are generally calm during those months.
- Do I need to book my ferry ticket myself?
- No, ferry tickets are included in the price of the transfer and will be provided by your driver, who will take you directly to the pier.
- Can I rent a car or minivan without a driver?
- No, this is not one of the services offered.
Transfers by Helicopter
- How many passengers can travel by helicopter?
- A helicopter can transport up to 6 people.
- How many bags can a helicopter transport?
- A helicopter can transport 1 medium bag per passenger; soft-sided luggage is recommended. The helicopter company will provide you with more details regarding luggage sizes.
- Where do helicopters land on Capri?
- Capri's heliport is located at Damecuta near Anacapri; a taxi will be waiting to transport helicopter passengers to their hotel.
What travellers say about their transfers
A perfect transfer: they accompanied us every step of the way during our trip to Capri and even took care of our luggage. Without our transfer service, we would have been completely lost and it would have taken us much longer to get to Capri!
This transfer was unforgettable for our entire family, and was well worth spending a bit extra to have a private boat all to ourselves. A fantastic and fun way to get to Capri that we'll always remember!
Our flight got in late and we would have missed the last ferry, forcing us to stay overnight in Naples. With a transfer service, we didn't have to worry about the schedule and we were able to begin our vacation with a cocktail on board our private boat and arrived on Capri in time for dinner!