Christmas and New Year's Eve on Capri
Capri island at Christmas is particularly magical. Blue fairy lights line the port and the lanes in the center of town, and the islanders brave the bracing sea wind to admire the shop windows and share a drink with neighbors under the heat lamps at the outdoor cafes.
Christmas on Capri, Italy - Events
There are a number of events held from the beginning of December through the first week of January, including the Capri Hollywood film festival featuring previews of new releases and gala evenings. The main holiday event on Capri is New Year's Eve in the Piazetta; this year a special concert by Peppino di Capri will be held the day before, on the evening of December 30th, 2015.
Celebrating New Year's Eve on Capri - Traditions
Island tradition is to ring in the New Year together in the main Piazzetta square, where everyone gathers to await the stroke of midnight.
Each year, a stage is set up where live bands play until it's time to toast to the New Year. After midnight, the Piazzetta becomes an open air disco with music and dancing until dawn. Otherwise, festivities can also continue indoors in nearby clubs like "Anema e Core".
Restaurants Open During the Holidays on Capri
- Capri Pasta (take away and deli)
- Da Tonino a Dentecale: open 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31 December and 1 January. Closed 28 and 29 December. 081 837 6718
- Donna Rachele: open from 26 December. 081 837 5387
- E' Divino: open from 26 December. Open only for dinner on 31 December. 081 837 8364
- Lo Sfizio: open from 27 to 30 December. 081 837 4128
- Verginiello: open from 28 December to 6 January 081 837 0944
- Villa Verde: open from 26 December to 5 Januray 081 837 7024
- La Piazzetta: open for lunch only 081837 7827
- Il Boccone: open only for dinner, closed 24, 25, 31 December and 1 January. 081 837 1665
- Le Arcate: closed 24, 25 December and 1 January. 31 December open only for lunch. 081 837 3325
- Materita: closed 25 December, open for lunch only 24 and 31 December, open for dinner only 1 January. 081 837 3375
- Vinoteca della Zagara: open Thurs to Sun from 6 pm on 081 837 2923
The chairlift and the Blue Grotto are closed on 25 December and 1 January. They are both open all other days, weather permitting.
On 25 December and 1 January, only Caremar ferries run.
Have a question? Ask us!
Recommended experiences and tours
Transport and Rental
Book online to reserve your scooter for your day on Capri!
Your scooter will be waiting for you to hop on.
From 10am to 4pm: visit Capri while skipping the long lines and waits for public transportation...at an excellent price.
Excursions by sea
Do you really want to enjoy the blue sea of Capri?
The best option is to book a private boat to sail around the island!
With its discreet charm the "Fratelli Aprea 7.80 open cruise" is the model that more than others represents the tradition and the classic line of Gozzo Sorrentino.
Liberty style luxury... on the island of Capri!
From € 189.00
Delicatessen and gourmet take away
Tel. +39 081 8370147
Lo Sfizio €€€
Heaven for the hungry!
Tel. +39 081 8374128
Donna Rachele €€€
Wine and dine
Tel. +39 081 8375387
Villa Verde €€€
A secret garden and a famous restaurant
Tel. +39 081 8377024
Le Arcate €€€
Under the arches
Tel. +39 081 8373588