Capri Tour of the island
You haven't really seen Capri until you've seen it from the sea.
- Private transfer from Naples to Capri (or vice versa) € 650 (One way. Up to 6 guests) , by Capri Relax Transfers
- Small Group Full Day Excursion to Capri from Sorrento € 80 (a persona) , by Gianni's Boat
- The Blue Island on a Private Boat € 150 (The cost is valid for 2-4 pax) , by Bespoke Capri
- Transfer to Blue Grotto - Blue Line € 12 (a persona) , by Motoscafisti di Capri
No visit to Capri is complete without a tour around the island by sea, skirting the dramatically craggy coastline and taking in the shimmering caves and hidden coves.
Two options for touring the island by boat:
- Organized tour: These group tours last between 1 and 2 hours and cost about €17/person
- Individual tour: Rent a private boat, with or without crew
There are a number of boat tour companies with ticket booths in Marina Grande. Motoscafisti and Laser Capri two companies which offer organized tours; tickets for these group tours can be purchased directly at their offices in Marina Grande. If you prefer an individual tour, we recommend booking in advance. Here is a complete listing of companies offering private boat rental with or without crew.
Organized tours are the perfect solution for visitors who have little time to spare (those on a short day trip, for example), whereas an individual tour with a private boat rental is ideal for travellers who have the time to enjoy the charms of Capri by sea at their leisure.
Sights Included in the Classic Boat Tour
- Marina Grande
- The Statue of the Scugnizzo
- The Grotta del Corallo
- The Grotta Bianca
- The Natural Arch
- Villa Malaparte
- The Faraglioni
- The Bay of Marina Piccola
- The Grotta Verde
- The Lighthouse at Punta Carena
- The Blue Grotto (Grotta Azzurra)
Visiting the Blue Grotto
Most organized boat tours around Capri include a stop at the famous Blue Grotto, or the Grotta Azzurra. Those who are interested in entering the cave must disembark from their tour boat and enter on one of the waiting rowboats, which are small enough to pass through the cave's mouth. Entrance tickets much be purchased separately at €13 a person for a short 5 minute visit.
If you have opted for an individual tour in a private boat, after your tour around the island of Capri you can opt to sail across the sea to the fishing villages along the Amalfi Coast, perhaps stopping for a refreshing dip near the Li Galli islands, lunch in one of the area's waterfront restaurants, or shopping in the elegant boutiques of Amalfi and Positano.
Our Insider Tip
If you visit Capri during the peak summer months, avoid scheduling your boat tour around the island for the middle of the day. Instead, take advantage of the relative calm by setting off first thing in the morning or in the late afternoon when you will have the seas to yourself. In high season, the waters surrounding Capri are crowded with tour boats, so if you opt to rent a private boat we strongly suggest you enlist the services of an expert crew, as well!