Summer is here! With the arrival of June, schools close in Italy and the country officially begins its summer season. Beaches get crowded as everyone heads to the coast, especially on the weekends.
June Weather on Capri
June marks the beginning of the summer heat, with long, sunny days and high temps. Usually, the heat isn't unpleasant and doesn't have the humidity that can make it so hard to enjoy July and August on the island. These are the longest days of the year, with sunset as late as 9 pm.
- Average high temperature (in Celsius): 27° C
- Average low temperature (in Celsius): 20° C
- Chance of rain: 10%
- Chance of clouds: 18%
- Average sea temperature (in Celsius): 23° C
- Average daylight hours: 15
What to Pack
All you need is summer clothes: sort sleeves and pants, sandals, and"obviously"your bathing suit! Don't forget to throw in a light jacket or wrap for the evenings, when temperatures can dip. Many restaurants and clubs require long pants for men in the evening.
What to Do
- Beach days: this is the perfect month to laze on the beach. From Monday to Friday, beaches aren't too crowded and you can relax until late into the afternoon, perhaps waiting for sunset to sip a cocktail.
- Boat tours: This is the perfect time of year for a boat tour around the island of Capri and along the Amalfi Coast, with long sunny days and water warm enough to swim.
This month is also ideal for a sunset sail, with a cocktail aperitivo on board.
- Dolce vita: a cocktail in the Piazzetta, dinner in town, and then everyone heads to the club to dance. June is when the nightlife on Capri really heats up, so if you want to savor the best side of the island, you need to plan to stay for at least one night. Evening on the island is the most magical time of day, especially during the weekend when the international jet-set meets to see and be seen in the Piazzetta.