Capri has always been considered an expensive destination fit for luxury travel, but how much does a day on Capri actually cost?
Let's crunch the numbers: here are prices for transport, the main sights, and some entertainment and activities on Capri.
- A round trip ferry ticket from Naples: EUR 45 for the high speed ferry, EUR 40 for the ferry, and EUR 28 for the slow ferry
- A funicular/bus ticket: EUR 2 single ride
- Chairlift for Mount Solaro: EUR 11 round trip, EUR 8 one way
- Boat for the Blue Grotto: EUR 15 (EUR 1 discount if you purchase your ticket online)
- Scooter rental: EUR 55 euro from 10am to 7 pm, (EUR 45 if you book your scooter online)
- Taxi: from EUR 17 (Marina Grande to the Piazzetta) Taxi fares
- Blue Grotto: EUR 14*
- Gardens of Augustus: EUR 1
- Villa Jovis: EUR 4
- Villa San Michele - Axel Munthe: EUR 8
- Chiesa di San Michele: EUR 3
- Charterhouse of San Giacomo: EUR 4
- Casa Rossa: EUR 3.50
Many of these attractions are free for children under 18 and the first Sunday of the month.
(*) Tickets to enter the Blue Grotto must be purchased directly at the cave and are not included in the price of any boat tour of the island.)
- Organized public boat tours: EUR 18 (EUR 3 discount if you book your tour online)
- Private boat tour with skipper: from EUR 150 for a two hour tour; from EUR 220 for a four hour tour
- Private boat rental without skipper: from EUR 90 for two hours; from EUR 200 for all day
These are estimated prices to give you an idea of how much entertainment on Capri costs!
- Sun lounger at a private beach club: from EUR 20
- Gelato from Buonocore: from EUR 3
- Panino caprese from the da Aldo deli: EUR 5
- Aperitivo in the Piazzetta: EUR 10
- 3 course dinner in a restaurant: from EUR 50
- Dinner in a pizzeria: from EUR 15
- Cover for the Anema e Core club: EUR 40
- Drink in a nightclub: from EUR 15
A day on Capri with a boat tour of the island, a visit to the Blue Grotto and Villa San Michele, the chairlift for Mount Solaro, a panino and gelato costs about EUR 100 a person.
It will cost more or less the same if you decide to spend your day at a private beach club on Capri with lunch in a beachfront restaurant.
An evening out with an aperitivo, restaurant dinner, and cover in a nightclub will easily cost you EUR 150 a person. And that's how Capri got its reputation for being expensive!